Thursday, July 28, 2005

The Best Advice

I periodically like to quote Calvin Coolidge on the subject of persistence. I gave the following advice to my son tonight and thought I should share it with all of you:

"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent."

1 comment:

  1. I really liked this advise and agree with it. I emailed it to few of my friends. Here are some of their comments
    "fully agree."
    "Calvin Coolidge was a staunch conservative so I am forced to disagree." (he was trying to be funny)
    "This is profound, simple and elegantly put.

    If had a child, I would have passed on this wisdom as well."

    ReplyDelete