Tuesday, May 17, 2005

More on Tiger

The 10.4.1 update is out. Yay! I'm told I should be able to sync now.

Why doesn't Safari report the Slashdot RSS feed? It is certainly there at http://slashdot.org/slashdot.rss. Safari will render it if clicked, but does not report it in the bookmark summary. I wonder if Wired, CNET, NYT, etc are hard-coded somewhere?

I upgraded to iClock version 2.1.9, which fixed a critical Tiger bug (the multi-timezone clocks in the menu bar were not updating). It is a handy utility, which I recommend for anyone dealing with multiple timezones regularly.

2 comments:

  1. What do you mean when you ask, "Why doesn't Safari report the Slashdot RSS feed"?

    When viewing http://slashdot.org/ with Safari I see the RSS icon in the address bar. I've bookmarked the feed (feed://slashdot.org/index.rss) in the bookmark bar, and Safari shows the number of recent items just fine.

    Which of these behaviours are you not seeing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The summary of unread RSS articles does not show up in the bookmark menu, as it does for the feeds populated by default (e.g. The Washington Post). I wondered if there is a way to do that.

    ReplyDelete