Monday, April 18, 2005

Preserving XHTML 2.0 Link Relationships in HTTP

Those who know me understand (and learn to live with) my insistence that the Semantic Web will not flourish until simple means to use it are put in the hands of HTML authors. I have tried again to push this viewpoint through a paper I just submitted to Extreme Markup Languages 2005. The basic idea is to pass the link relationship information from XHTML 2.0 via HTTP headers, thereby preserving that information for processing by a Web server. An RDF triple may thus be formed at the Web server from the REFERER information, the link relationship and the link requested.

I don't plan to publish the paper until it is accepted somewhere, but I will be glad to give a copy to anyone who asks me directly.

No comments:

Post a Comment