Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Bushonomics

I was utterly stunned today to hear that the President of the United States of America said that the Social Security System was broken and required repair because it was backed by US bonds instead of cash. This was according to an NPR newscast. Wow. The President thinks that US bonds are just paper? The only security backed by the very existence of the US Government? It is not that I am liberal. I'm not even a Democrat. It is just that such a thought is, um, stupid...

Where does G.W. Bush think your money goes when you put it into a bank? Does he think it sits there, in cash? Or just maybe does he realize that it gets circulated, including investments in bonds?

For those of you who think this is an anti-Bush blog, my advice is to wait until the next Democratic president does something stupid. I'll coment on that, too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment